Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Nokia Customer Care (but do they really care?)

I got my shiny, new Nokia N800 some three months ago. I purchased it on the Nokia Shop web pages, and within 48h it was delivered from Belgium. Sweet.

Less than two months later, the charger started to malfunction. It seemed like the wire broke, right next to the little box you plug into the wall. No surprise really, since the whole thing seems very delicate and fragile. But I had been so careful. Mostly keeping the charger at home, and never winded the wire up on the charger itself.

Customer care to the rescue. After a phone call to "Nokia Care", I was redirected to "Customer Care". To make a long story short, I called Customer Care 8 times over the next month. I also had to explain that this was not a mobile phone and point a highly doubting customer service representative to the nokia.no page to prove that Nokia actually sells N800s. I'll also mentioned that I was directed to my reseller which was shop.nokia.com, a local service center which sent me back. All in all very frustrating, but after a month, I actually got the charger without having to return the broken one.

Be careful to your chargers!

Now I'm only waiting for more reviews of the Navigation Kit..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.